Honda EU2200i Companion Inverter Generator
The Honda EU2200i Companion Inverter Generator is small and lightweight, with a tiny footprint that makes it simple to transport. It can also produce enough electricity for the majority of your electric appliances. This makes it an easily transportable energy source with sufficient power for many applications.
The 30A receptacle allows two EU2200i devices to be run in parallel via a simple parallel cord rather than an external parallel kit, as discussed in Pairing Generators For Twice The Power.
It produces clean, constant electricity thanks to Honda’s superior inverter technology. It’s great for delicate electronic equipment and is quiet, making it ideal for camping or tailgating — or giving emergency power without disturbing your neighbors.
It can run over 8 hours on a single tank of gas, so the Honda EU2200i Companion Inverter Generator can run all night if needed. And, given the reputation of Honda generators for reliability, you can be sure it can do the job!
Honda EU2200i Companion Features
- Recoil start
- Two 120V household outlets 15 amp
- One 120V 30AMP twist-lock outlet
- Automatic Low Oil Shutdown/Alert
- CO Sensor Shutdown
- USDA-qualified spark arrestor/muffler
- Overload alarm
- Honda My Generator App + Bluetooth Capability
- output power
- engine operating hours
- oil life
- remote stop
- estimated run times based on power usage
- warnings and routine maintenance reminders
- 3-year warranty
- Easy access grounding terminal.
Generators produce electricity, and inverters convert DC to AC. So what is an inverter generator? An inverter generator is a device that combines both of these features: it produces AC power but then converts it to DC, and then the built-in inverter converts it back to AC. That technique smooths out the peaks and drops that occur throughout power generation due to slight variations in engine speed and other problems.
This results in “cleaner” power that is safer for electronics and can even make electric motors run more efficiently and quietly. See our articles “What is an Inverter Generator?” and “Inverter vs. Generator” for more information.
Quick Tip: If you’re willing to put up with noisier operation and don’t need an inverter, you can get about twice the (still relatively clean) power for not much more money with the Honda EG4000.
Honda EU2200i Companion Specs
- 3.2 hour runtime at 100% Load
- 8.1 hour runtime at 25% Load
- 121cc commercial-grade engine
- Cast iron cylinder sleeve
- Precision-engineered components result in lower vibration
- Ball-bearing supported crankshaft for greater stability
- Automatic mechanical de-compression system for easier starting
- Peak Wattage: 2200 watts
- Running Wattage: 1800 watts
- Weight: 47.4 lbs
- Volume (DB): 48-57 dB
Honda 2200i Comparison Table
If you’re having trouble distinguishing the EU2200i Companion vs. EU2200i vs. EU2200i Camo vs. EB2200i, this table gives you a quick way to compare the different features of Honda’s 2200i model lineup:
Honda EU2200i Companion Conclusion
The Honda EU2200i Companion Inverter Generator is perfect for those who need extra juice while camping, tailgating, or RVing. With a peak output of 2200 watts, the Honda EU2200i Companion Inverter Generator can handle everything from small electronics to high-powered tools. And thanks to its ability to easily pair up with another Honda EU2200, you can quickly get even more power.
The Honda GXR120 Commercial Series engine that drives this generator is small, lightweight, fuel-efficient, and runs smoothly. Plus, features like an electronic circuit breaker and automatic low-oil shutdown ensure your generator will be safe and reliable.
- More Power. Same Legendary Quality: The EU2200i Companion delivers 10% more power than the previous EU2000 Companion, providing you with increased power capabilities while maintaining the same lightweight and compact design.
- CO-MINDER – Advanced Carbon Monoxide Detection System: Safety is a top priority with the EU2200i Companion. The CO-MINDER continuously monitors carbon monoxide (CO) levels and automatically shuts down the generator if CO levels near the unit become dangerously high.
- Honda My Generator App + Bluetooth Capability: Stay in control with Honda’s exclusive My Generator smartphone app. This app offers remote generator operation and monitoring, including wireless start/stop and operation monitoring, ensuring impressive performance and convenience.
- Double Your Power with Parallel Capability: Need more power? You can easily connect the EU2200i Companion with a regular EU2200i for a combined power output of up to 4400 watts. The EU2200i Companion is also compatible with EU2000iK1/T1 models for parallel operation.
- Commercial Grade Reliability: The EU2200i Companion is powered by the Honda GXR120 Commercial Series engine. With a displacement of 121cc, the GXR120 is at the top of its class, ensuring that the EU2200i always delivers the power you need to get the job done reliably.