Honda’s EG4000 4000 watt generator is a versatile and powerful addition to your home or work tools. With variable ignition timing, it delivers high power output with reduced fuel consumption and excellent exhaust emissions performance. Easy starting due to an automatic decompression system makes it a breeze to use.
Table of Contents
Honda EG4000 Features
- DAVR (Digital Automatic Voltage Regulator)
- 120/240V Selector switch for more 120V power
- Recoil start
- Range of outlets:
- Two 125V/20A GFCI household outlets
- One 125V 30AMP twist-lock outlet
- One 125/250V 20AMP twist-lock outlet
- Automatic Low Oil Shutdown/Alert
- CO Sensor Shutdown
- USDA-qualified spark arrestor/muffler
- 0ne-piece welded frame
- Electronic circuit breakers
- 3 year residential and commercial warranty
- Easy access grounding terminal (see our article “how to ground a generator“).
What is Voltage Stability and Why is it Important?
When voltage is too low, it can cause your tool or appliance’s motor to spin slower and have less torque. This results in less horsepower and less work being done. On the other hand, voltage being too high can create extra heat that can diminish the overall lifespan of the motor.
That’s why some Honda generators use DAVR (Digital Automatic Voltage Regulation). DAVR keeps your generator’s voltage more stable than conventional generators, resulting in better performance and protection for your tools.
The DAVR system is designed to provide more reliable output voltage detection, without being affected by the change in temperature or load current. Additionally, the self-diagnosis function of the DAVR prevents irregular voltage by keeping the engine speed from exceeding 4,140 rpm for an extended period of time. The system also protects the generator from overheating. Overall, DAVR provides a number of benefits that make it an advantageous choice for any use.
Quick Tip: Inverter generators, like the Honda EU3000iS, provide power that is even cleaner and has better voltage stability.
Honda EG4000 Specs
- 10.1 hour runtime at 100% Load
- 14.8 hour runtime at 50% Load
- 270cc commercial grade OHV engine
- Cast iron cylinder sleeve
- Variable electronic ignition timing system
- Reduced vibration and noise level
- Automatic mechanical de-compression system for easier starting
- Peak Wattage: 4000 watts
- Running Wattage: 3500 watts
- Weight: 146.4 lbs
- 6.3 gal Gas Tank
- Volume: 66-67 dB(A)
Honda EG4000 Conclusion
The Honda EG4000 4000 Watt Generator is a powerful and efficient generator, and it’s versatile 120/240 volt outlets make it perfect for various applications. Honda’s exclusive DAVR (Digital Automatic Voltage Regulator) ensures more consistent power by holding voltage stability within a +/- 1% range during operation. With a run time of 14.8 hours at 50% load, the EG4000 is a great choice for any need.