The Honda EB2200i Inverter Generator is a portable power solution with CFGI outlets that are OSHA compliant, which makes it perfect for use on work sites. This unit features a compact design that makes it easy to transport so that it can be moved to and from worksites with little effort.
This generator uses Honda’s inverter technology to produce clean, stable power, making it ideal for sensitive electronic equipment and getting maximum efficiency from power tools.
With a run time of up to over 8 hours on a single tank of gas, the Honda EB2200i Inverter Generator is a versatile and reliable power solution. And it has a 3-year warranty covering not just residential usage but also commercial usage.
Honda EB2200i Features
- Recoil start
- Two 120V GFCI household outlets 15 amp
- Automatic Low Oil Shutdown/Alert
- CO Sensor Shutdown
- USDA-qualified spark arrestor/muffler
- Overload alarm
- 3-year commercial warranty
- Easy access grounding terminal.
Generators produce electricity, and inverters convert DC to AC. So what is an inverter generator? An inverter generator is a device that combines both of these features: it produces AC power but then converts it to DC, and then the built-in inverter converts it back to AC. That technique smooths out the peaks and drops that occur throughout power generation due to slight variations in engine speed and other problems.
This results in “cleaner” power that is safer for electronics and can even make electric motors run more efficiently and quietly. See our articles “What is an Inverter Generator?” and “Inverter vs. Generator” for more information.
Quick Tip: If you’re willing to put up with noisier operation and don’t need an inverter, you can get about twice the (still relatively clean) power for not much more money with the Honda EG4000.
Honda EB2200i Specs
- 3.2 hour runtime at 100% Load
- 8.1 hour runtime at 25% Load
- 121cc commercial-grade engine
- Cast iron cylinder sleeve
- Precision-engineered components result in lower vibration
- Ball-bearing supported crankshaft for greater stability
- Automatic mechanical de-compression system for easier starting
- Peak Wattage: 2200 watts
- Running Wattage: 1800 watts
- Weight: 47.4 lbs
- Volume (DB): 48-57 dB
Honda 2200i Comparison Table
If you’re having trouble distinguishing the EB2200i vs. EU2200i vs./ EU2200i Companion vs. EU2200i Camo, this table gives you a quick way to compare the different features of Honda’s 2200i model lineup:
Honda EB2200i Conclusion
The Honda 2200i Inverter Generator models are among the most popular portable generators on the market. And for good reason. They’re lightweight and portable, making them easy to transport. Plus, they’re quiet, reliable, and easy to use. And, of course, Honda generators have a strong reputation for reliability and durability.
What sets the Honda EB2200i apart from the other models is the OSHA-compliant GGCI-protected outlets and the lack of Bluetooth remote capability and parallel compatibility.
So whether you’re powering a laptop or a TV, you can be confident that your devices will stay safe. If you’re looking for a generator to use on worksites that can handle all of your power needs, the Honda EB2200i is an obvious choice.
- More Power, Same Legendary Quality: The EU2200i Companion offers a remarkable 10% increase in power compared to the previous EU2000 Companion model. With this boost in performance, you can now power more of your essentials while still enjoying the benefits of its lightweight and compact design.
- CO-MINDER – Advanced Carbon Monoxide Detection System: Safety is a top priority, and the EU2200i Companion is equipped with an innovative CO-MINDER system that continuously monitors carbon monoxide (CO) levels. It will automatically shut down the generator if it detects dangerously high CO levels near the unit, providing peace of mind during usage.
- Honda My Generator App + Bluetooth Capability: Honda’s exclusive My Generator smartphone app enhances the user experience with remote operation and monitoring capabilities. With wireless start/stop and operation monitoring, you can conveniently control the generator from your smartphone.
- Double Your Power with Parallel Capability: If you need even more power, you can connect the EU2200i Companion with a regular EU2200i model for a combined power output of up to 4400 watts. The EU2200i Companion is also compatible with EU2000iK1/T1 models for parallel operation.
- Commercial Grade Reliability: Powered by the robust Honda GXR120 Commercial Series engine, the EU2200i Companion is built for commercial-grade reliability. With its 121cc capacity, the GXR120 engine ensures that the generator always delivers the power you need to tackle any job effectively.