I will show you how to save approximately $300.00, plus compare the Duromax XP13000EH vs. XP13000HX, which are 13,000-watt dual fuel generators that run on gasoline and propane.
Best Dual-fuel 13,000 Watt Portable Generator for the money.
The Duromax XP13000EH is the portable generator I bought to power my entire house during a power outage… almost 5,000 sq. ft…. and it has plenty of power to spare!
Duromax EH vs. HX
Have you ever wondered what the main difference between the Duromax EH vs. HX models is?
According to the company, the main differences between the Duromax HX vs. EH series will depend on which Duromax Generator models you are comparing.
So, let’s take a closer look at the main differences between the Duromax XP13000EH vs. XP13000HX…
13000EH vs 13000HX
Both portable generators use dual fuel technology. Each has a fully loaded power panel with various portable ac power outlets, including a heavy-duty 120/240V 50AMP outlet for a transfer switch connection that you can use during a power outage.
Neither has an inverter, so that they won’t work well for sensitive electronic devices. They have the same approximate runtime: about 6 to 6.5 hours at 50% load on a 40 lb propane tank or 8 to 8.5 hours on a full gas tank.
The control panels have the same functions: battery switch, circuit breakers, digital multimeter, low engine oil indicator, and idle control. The fuel gauge is on the fuel tank rather than the control panel.
These are among the most powerful Duromax generators, with starting watts of 13,000 watts gasoline / 12,350 watts propane and a running wattage of 10,500 watts gasoline / 9,975 watts propane. Each has a push-button electric starter with recoil start also available.
So these two models are nearly the same. The main difference between the Duromax XP13000EH and XP13000HX (and most Duromax Generators) is that the “HX” model has a few additional features that the “EH” model doesn’t have, including things like…
CO Alert/ Carbon Monoxide Detector
The XP13000HX has CO Alert technology that automatically shuts off the generator when the CO sensor detects unsafe levels of carbon monoxide gas (CO).
On the other hand, the XP13000EH does not have a built-in CO detector.
The XP13000HX also has two sets of household-style GFCI outlets (120v 20amp), while the XP13000EH only has one set of GFCI-protected outlets.
All Other EH and HX Features Are Identical
Other than the CO Alert and the extra set of GFCI outlets that the HX model offers, according to the company, all other specifications of the Duromax XP13000EH and the Duromax XP13000HX are identical.
How To Save Three Hundred Dollars
The dual fuel portable generator Duromax XP13000EH costs approximately $300.00 (three hundred dollars) LESS than the dual fuel portable generator XP13000HX.
I bought the XP13000EH because I have never (and will never) run gas or propane fueled portable electric generators anywhere near my house or in an enclosed area, so I don’t need the CO Alert feature that the HX series has.
And if that ever changes, I already have at least half a dozen hard-wired CO detectors in my house that also have battery backups for power outages, so I’m covered.
And you can buy a heavy-duty power strip with six outlets at any Home Depot or Lowes for $15 or less.
This means you can plug that $15 power strip into the one GFCI outlet that the XP13000EH comes with and effectively have three sets of GFCI-protected outlets… vs. the two that the XP13000HX comes with.
So, if you can live without the built-in CO2 detector and the extra set of built-in GFCI-protected outlets (you can always add a $15 power strip if you need more outlets) … you can save almost Three Hundred Dollars by purchasing the XP13000EH vs. the XP13000HX.
I use the dual fuel portable Duromax XP13000EH to power my entire house, and I love it!
- Powerful Duromax Engine: The XP13000EH is equipped with a robust 500cc OHV Duromax Engine, delivering reliable performance. It provides peak wattage of 13,000 with gasoline and 12,350 with propane, and running wattage of 10,500 with gasoline and 9,975 with propane. The generator offers various runtime options based on load, making it suitable for different power needs.
- Dual Fuel Technology: Enjoy the freedom and flexibility of fuel choice with the ability to run on either propane or gasoline. This feature ensures uninterrupted power supply, no matter the availability of fuel sources.
- Plenty of Power: With an impressive 13,000 starting watts and 10,500 running watts, the XP13000EH can handle heavy loads effortlessly. From lights and refrigerators to air conditioners and high amperage power tools, it meets various power requirements with ease.
- Maximum Power Output: The power panel offers a wide selection of outlets for maximum compatibility with various applications. It includes 1 120/240V 50A heavy-duty outlet, 1 120/240V 30A twist lock outlet, 1 120V 30A twist lock outlet, and 2 120V 20A household outlets, ensuring you can power multiple devices simultaneously.
- Powering Everyone Anywhere: The XP13000EH is EPA and CARB approved, allowing you to use it with confidence in all 50 states. This generator is designed to meet stringent emission standards, making it a reliable and compliant choice for power needs nationwide.
- All-New Control Center: The generator features an upgraded control center with a digital multimeter, push-button start, and a front-facing fuel interface. The digital multimeter displays essential information, including voltage, frequency, total hours run, and hours until the recommended maintenance, providing convenience and ease of use.
- Dual Fuel Capability: This generator runs on both gasoline and propane, offering you the freedom and flexibility to choose your preferred fuel type based on availability and convenience.
- CO Alert Technology: Equipped with DuroMax’s innovative “CO Alert Technology,” the generator will automatically shut down if it detects an unsafe level of carbon monoxide, ensuring safety and peace of mind during operation.
- Powerful and Durable: Built with a robust 500cc OHV DuroMax engine and featuring ALL COPPER WINDINGS, this generator is designed for longevity and reliability. You can trust it to provide consistent and stable power for years to come.
- Fully Loaded Power Panel: The power panel is thoughtfully equipped with four 120V GFCI household outlets, one 120V 30AMP outlet, one 120/240V 30AMP twist-lock outlet, and a heavy-duty 120/240V 50AMP outlet, making it transfer switch ready and suitable for various power needs.
XP13000EH Specs vs XP13000HX Specs
Portable, Home Backup
Portable, Home Backup
Dual Fuel – Gasoline, Propane
Dual Fuel – Gasoline, Propane
Peak Watts Gasoline
Running Watts Gasoline
Fuel Tank Capacity Gasoline
Runtime 25% Load
Runtime 50% Load
8 1/2 hours
DuroMax Power Equipment
DuroMax Power Equipment
Cast Iron Sleeve
Automatic Low Oil Shutdown
Automactic Voltage Regulator
CO Sensor Shutdown
No Load Low Idle
No Load Low Idle
29″L x 30″W x 26″H
30″L x 29″W x 26″H
Wheel & Handle Kit
What’s In The Box?
XP13000EH generator, Oil Funnel, Spark Plug Wrench, Wheel & Handle Kit, Owner’s Manual.
XP13000HX generator, Oil Funnel, Spark Plug Wrench, Tool Set, Wheel & Handle Kit, Propane Regulator and Hose, Owerner’s Manual.
- All-new control center with a digital multimeter, push-button start, and a front-facing fuel interface allowing you to change your fuel type in seconds! The digital multimeter displays voltage, frequency, total hours run, and hours until the recommended maintenance
- This generator runs on gasoline or propane, giving you the freedom and flexibility of fuel choice
- Equipped with DuroMax “CO Alert Technology” that will automatically shut down the generator if an unsafe level of carbon monoxide is detected
- Built using a powerful 500cc OHV DuroMax engine and features ALL COPPER WINDINGS designed to make your generator last for years
- The fully loaded power panel includes four 120V GFCI household outlets, one 120V 30AMP outlet, one 120/240V 30AMP twist-lock outlet, and a heavy-duty 120/240V 50AMP outlet making it transfer switch ready!
- POWERFUL DUROMAX ENGINE: The XP13000EH is powered by a 500cc OHV Duromax Engine. Engine Speed-3600 RPM. Wheel Diameter-10-Inches .With Gasoline : Peak Wattage – 13,000., Running Wattage – 10,500., Running Amperage at 120V – 87.5., Running Amperage at 240V – 43.75., Runtime at 25% Load – 17., Runtime at 50% Load – 8With Propane : Peak Wattage – 12,350., Running Wattage – 9,975., Running Amperage at 120V – 83.13., Running Amperage at 240V – 41.56., Runtime at 25% Load – 13., Runtime at 50% Load – 6Please read the detailed safety instructions in the manual before operating..Fuel Gauge : Yes, Fuel Tank Capacity Gasoline : 8.3 Gallons, Volume (db) : 74 dB, Battery Type : 12V SLA.
- DUAL FUEL TECHNOLOGY: The ability to run on Propane or Gasoline allows the Freedom and Flexibility of Fuel Choice.
- PLENTY OF POWER: With 13,000 starting watts and 10,500 watts, this unit can handle heavy loads from lights, refrigerators, home conditioners and high amperage power tools.
- MAXIMUM POWER: The power panel includes a wide selection of outlets for maximum compatibility in your applications including: 1 120/240V 50A heavy duty outlet, 1 120/240V 30A twist lock outlet, 1 120V 30A twist lock outlet, and 2 120V 20A household outlets.
- POWERING EVERYONE ANYWHERE: Like all DuroMax generators, the XP13000EH is EPA and CARB approved for use in all 50 states.
Note: If you are considering buying a 12,000-watt generator, check out this Duromax 12000HX vs. 12000EH article.
And be sure to check out our Duromax Generator Reviews post for more head-to-head comparisons of the top models.