Honda’s EB5000 5000-watt generator is nearly the same as the Honda EM5000SX. But the EB5000 is made for worksites and OSHA compliance, so it has the neutral bonded to the frame and GFCI on all outlets. It also adds a hanger kit/lifting eye. However, it does not have an electric start option (recoil start only)
Honda EB5000 Features
- iAVR (Intelligent Automatic Voltage Regulator)
- 120/240V Selector switch for more 120V power
- Recoil start
- Range of outlets:
- Two 125V/20A GFCI household outlets
- One 125V 30 AMP GFCI twist-lock outlet
- One 125/250V 30 AMP GFCI twist-lock outlet
- OSHA Worksite Compliant
- Hanger kit/lifting eye included
- Automatic low oil shutdown/alert
- CO Sensor Shutdown
- USDA-qualified spark arrestor/muffler
- Electronic circuit breakers
- 3-year residential and commercial warranty
- Wheel kit and folding handles included
- Easy access grounding terminal
What is Voltage Stability, and Why is it Important?
When the voltage is too low, it can cause your tool or appliance’s motor to spin slower and have less torque. This results in less horsepower and less work being done. On the other hand, when the voltage is too high, it can generate excessive heat, which can diminish the overall lifespan of the motor.
That’s why some Honda generators use AVR (Automatic Voltage Regulation). AVR keeps your generator’s voltage more stable than conventional generators, resulting in better performance and protection for your tools.
Honda’s AVR systems are designed to provide more reliable output voltage detection without being affected by the change in temperature or load current. Additionally, the self-diagnosis function of the AVR prevents irregular voltage by keeping the engine speed from exceeding 4,140 rpm for an extended period. The system also protects the generator from overheating. Overall, AVR provides several benefits that make it a good choice for any use.
This model has the iAVR version of AVR, which offers the advantage of up to 10 seconds of extra starting power, 20% above the maximum rating. This added power is useful for high-amp start-up applications, like refrigerators and air compressors, that briefly require additional power to get started.
Quick Tip: Inverter generators, like the Honda EU7000iS, provide even cleaner power and have better voltage stability.
Honda EB5000 Specs
- 7.1 hour runtime at 100% Load
- 10.5 hour runtime at 50% Load
- 389cc commercial grade iGX engine
- Digital ignition
- Self-tuning regulator
- Electronic governor
- Reduced vibration and noise level
- Cast iron cylinder sleeve
- Automatic mechanical de-compression system for easier starting
- Peak Wattage (for up to 10 seconds): 7000 watts
- Max Wattage (for up to about 30 minutes): 5000 watts
- Running Wattage: 4500 watts
- Weight: 210.8 lbs
- 6.2 gal Gas Tank
- Volume: 63-66 dB(A)
Honda EB5000 Conclusion
The Honda EB5000 5000 Watt Generator is an excellent choice for worksites. Honda’s exclusive iAVR (Intelligent Automatic Voltage Regulator) provides up to 10 seconds of a 20% power boost and ensures more consistent power by holding voltage stability within a +/- 1% range to protect your tools and equipment.
- Consistent Power: Experience reliable and stable power output with the iAVR (intelligent automatic voltage regulation) technology, ensuring your sensitive electronics are protected.
- Advanced Safety Features: The CO-MINDER carbon monoxide detection system provides an extra layer of safety, automatically shutting down the generator in case of unsafe CO levels.
- Flexible Power Options: The 120/240V selector switch offers more usable power and greater flexibility, allowing you to cater to various power needs and appliances.
- Multiple Outlets: Equipped with 6 outlets, this generator allows easy connection of multiple tools and appliances simultaneously, providing convenience during use.
- Starting Capability: With the ability to provide 7000W of power for 10 seconds, this generator is capable of starting larger equipment effortlessly.