The DuroMax XP4400E Gas Powered Portable Generator is worth considering for anyone looking for an emergency backup power solution. This generator can provide 3500 watts of continuous power, sufficient for powering home essentials during a blackout or hurricane. It’s also ideal for use while camping, providing enough juice to run your RV’s AC unit and other appliances.
Tip: people whose lifestyle extends beyond camping should check out our article “Best Solar Generator For Off-grid Living“.
Table of Contents
- Key-switch electric start
- 120V and 240V output
- Two 120V GFCI household outlets
- One 120/240V 30AMP twist-lock outlet
- MX2 Power Boost doubles 120V power
- Automatic Low Oil Shutdown
- Easy access grounding terminal (see our article “how to ground a generator“).
How to Size a Backup Generator
There are so many different portable generators on the market that it might be difficult to figure out which one is best for you. Not only does price and functionality need to be considered, but you must ensure that the generator can handle the amount of power you’ll be drawing.
It’s critical to think about the wattage required to power your property while selecting a backup generator. This will assist you in determining the size of generator you’ll need. Here are some guidelines for calculating wattage:
1. Start by estimating how many watts your appliances use at once. You can find this information on the appliance itself or in the owner’s manual.
2. Add up the wattage of all the appliances you think you’ll need to run at the same time. This will give you a good idea of what size generator you’ll need.
3. Make sure to include a safety margin in your calculations. It’s always better to have a little bit more power than you need rather than not enough.
- 10 hour runtime at 50% Load
- 212cc engine
- Forced air cooling
- Overhead Valves
- Cast Iron Sleeve
- Stainless Steel Ball Bearings
- Peak Wattage: 4,400 watts
- Running Wattage: 3500 watts
- Weight: 122 lbs
- Volume (db): 69 dB
- Gasoline Fuel Tank Capacity: 3.96 Gallons
- EPA Certified
- CARB Certified
Conclusion (DuroMax XP4400E)
The DuroMax XP4400E is powered by an OHV engine that features 100% Copper Windings, and has a large 4 gallon fuel tank for long run times. It also has an electric start for easy, hassle-free operation. With its durable steel frame and heavy duty wheels, the DuroMax XP4400E is built to last. And, like all Duromax generators, it comes with a three year limited warranty for peace of mind.