Yes, a solar generator will work at night if you have enough energy stored in your battery system.
Technically speaking, solar generators will not actively work at night because there is no energy from the sun to capture and transform into usable energy. Because the panels do not work at night, the solar generator runs from photons collected during daylight hours.
However, it is possible to run a generator still, providing electricity at all hours of the day, including at night.
Typically, solar power systems, including solar generators, will use one or both strategies for collecting and storing energy when the sun is not shining, and the power grid is unavailable. The first strategy is to have a battery that can connect directly to the grid, charging and storing usable energy for later use. Check out Is a Solar Generator the Same Thing as a Solar Battery?
The second approach is to use the integral solar battery housed within the solar generator to store the energy gathered from the solar panels for later use. During the day, photons emitted from the sun hit the solar panel and are transformed into DC electricity, which is then stored in a solar battery. Depending on the size and style of the battery, it may be possible to use the stored energy for up to a week.
For related information, please see “How Long Can a Solar Generator Run?”.
And check out our 9 must-have eco-friendly portable power products post to help save our environment.
- Clean and Unlimited Solar Energy: 100% green energy with smart MPPT controller for optimal charging efficiency. The power station can be fully charged with 2 Jackery SolarSaga 100W solar panels within 8 hrs(0-100%) or only 5.5 hrs (0-80%) via AC wall outlet charging. Ideal for your camping or home backup.
- Easy to Use: The ergonomic shape of the handle grants an ease grip. And use in one touch with simple and speedy setup within 60s to enjoy outstanding charging efficiency.
- Safe & Reliable for Outdoor Camping: Features industry-leading cylindrical batteries (popular with manufacturers of Electric Vehicles) that meet UL safety standards. Certified with Impact-Resistance Class 9, passing the UL drop test (withstanding 3 drops from 0.9m height on any surface). The pure sine wave inverter delivers constant voltage that protects equipment from damage.
- Power Pretty Much Anything: Power 90% home appliances with 1002Wh (1000W AC output power) and 8 outlets (3*AC outlet, 1*USB-A , 1*USB-A quick charge 3.0, 2*USB-C PD, 1*Car outlet).
- Quiet & Strong: At a such large capacity, this Explorer will make virtually no noise, giving you the peace and power all at once. Extra bonus for the built – unlike most other portable generators, this supports pass-through charging while its battery life is protected.
- 【288Wh Capacity, 330W Output】330W (600W surge) pure sine wave supports most laptops, tablets, phones, lights, fans, CPAP medical devices, projectors, TV, mini-refrigerator, speaker, camera (rated power less than 330W). 288Wh huge capacity but light weight makes it compact and perfect for camping, car trips and other family outings.
- 【Upgraded Battery Management System】We promise to adopt quality lithium batteries since we found that the use of lower-quality batteries could pose a serious risk to life and should become a crucial part of deciding what to buy. Upgraded BMS provides built-in overload, overcharge (automatically stops charging when the device is full), and short-circuit protection. Dual built-in silent cooling fans help to keep the station’s temperature safe.
- 【USB-C PD 60W, USB-A QC 18W】PD60W fast charging makes it possible to charge Android and iPhone, tablets, and laptops quickly, more than twice as fast as other standard USB-C output, and ultra-high efficiency in emergencies. All USB-A ports are quick-charge 3.0 18W, providing higher efficiency for each device.
- 【Power 8 Device simultaneously】Equipped with 1*AC output, 1*USB-C PD 60W output, 3*USB-A QC3.0 18W outputs, 1*Car port, 2*DC outputs, GRECELL solar generator can power eight devices at the same time (as long as they draw less than 330W combined). Each switch can control each output module.
- 【3 Ways To Recharge, Built-in MPPT Controller】GRECELL power station, can be charged via an AC outlet, a solar panel, or a car outlet. Built-in MPPT (Maximum Power Point Tracking Control) so it can extract the maximum power from the solar panel, optimizing the utilization of variable power sources like a solar generator.
- Made for the Outdoor. Replace your outdoor generator with a solar generator. Includes a 220W Bifacial solar panel to capture up to 25% more energy. Charge your DELTA 2 even faster with green energy.
- Built to Last 6x Longer. Its LFP battery chemistry makes for a portable power station with a 3000+ cycle life. Enough for years on end of use. With a sophisticated BMS, you can go easy knowing its an auto-regulating portable battery to keep you safe.
- Power Almost Anything. Solar powered generator have come a long way. Power all your appliances with 1800W output, that’s on par with outdoor generators without the fumes or noise. With 15 outlets and its huge output, you can power 90% of your appliances.
- Expandable Capacity from 1-3kWh. With the standalone portable power station sporting 1kWh, you can add on extra batteries to reach up to 3kWh. Ideal for camping, RVs or home backup power.
- What you Get. DELTA 2 Power station, 220W Solar panel, Adjustable kickstand case, AC charging cable, Car charging cable, Solar charging cable, DC5521 to DC5525 cable, User manual, and an exclusive 5 year warranty.