There are some great reasons to consider getting a Tri-Fuel generator. Perhaps you live where power outages are common and need a versatile backup power source for your business. Maybe you’re looking for an environmentally friendlier way to generate backup electricity for your home.
Whatever the reason, the Duromax XP13000HXT Tri Fuel Generator generators offer distinct advantages over traditional gasoline-powered generators.
Features Of The XP13000HXT Tri Fuel Generator
- Push-button electric start
- Front-facing fuel interface lets you switch between fuels in seconds
- 120V and 240V output
- Wide range of outlets
- Four 120V GFCI household outlets
- One 120V 30AMP outlet
- One 120/240V 30AMP twist-lock outlet
- Heavy-duty 120/240V 50AMP outlet for transfer switch connection
- Automatic Low Oil Shutdown
- CO Sensor Shutdown
- Easy access grounding terminal
- Dual fuel technology, choose between gasoline or propane
Tri Fuel Generator Benefits
This portable generator can run on gasoline, propane, or natural gas — allowing you to use whichever is available.
Propane and natural gas are cleaner burning fuels than gasoline and have multiple significant benefits. Because propane and natural gas contain fewer impurities and generate fewer by-products during combustion, they reduce harmful emissions considerably. This makes them safer options for the environment and your generator’s engine.
Generators running on propane or natural gas are less vulnerable to the problems caused by cold weather, which can hurt the performance and reliability of gasoline units. Propane also has an indefinitely long shelf life, unlike gasoline, which requires further additives for storage and, even then, does not last more than a year or two. As a result, long-term supply is much easier with propane. And if your business or home has a natural gas line, you don’t have to worry about fuel storage.
Want more information? We have a Tri Fuel Generator FAQ.
- 8.5 hour runtime at 50% Load (gasoline)
- 6.5 hour runtime at 50% Load (propane)
- 500cc engine
- Forced air cooling
- Overhead Valves
- Cast Iron Sleeve
- Stainless Steel Ball Bearings
- Peak Wattage: 13,000 watts gasoline / 12,000 watts propane/ 10,000 watts natural gas
- Running Wattage: 10,500 watts gasoline / 9,500 watts propane/ 8,500 watts natural gas
- Weight: 246 lbs
- Volume (DB): 74 dB
- EPA Certified
- CARB Certified
Final Thoughts On The XP13000HXT Tri Fuel Portable Generator
The most obvious benefit of a Tri-Fuel generator is that it can run on multiple fuel types. If one fuel type is unavailable, you can still generate power using another. For example, you can use propane or natural gas if gasoline is unavailable. This flexibility can be extremely helpful in emergencies.
Plus, you can run your generator with lower carbon emissions: 70% lower with propane and 60% lower with natural gas. Top that off with high wattage output, enough to run your central AC, multiple refrigerators, and more. You’ve got plenty of excellent reasons to go with the Duromax XP13000HXT Tri-Fuel generator.
- Tri Fuel Technology: This versatile generator runs on gasoline, propane, and natural gas, giving you the freedom to choose the fuel that suits your needs. Gasoline offers easy availability, propane is clean-burning and cost-effective, while natural gas provides an unlimited fuel supply directly from your home’s gas line, eliminating the need for storage tanks.
- Home Power Backup Ready: With an impressive 13,000 watts of power, the XP13000HXT is your reliable backup solution during storms or power outages. It can effortlessly power your lights, appliances, AC system, and other household essentials. The 50 amp plug allows seamless connection to your home via a transfer switch.
- Powerful 500cc OHV Engine: At the core of this generator is a robust DuroMax engine engineered to deliver maximum power for all your needs.
- CO Alert: Safety is paramount, and the XP13000HXT ensures the well-being of your family with CO Alert technology. It automatically shuts off the generator if it detects unsafe levels of carbon monoxide, providing peace of mind.
- Push Button Start and Remote Start: Starting the generator is hassle-free with a simple push of a button. You can even use the remote to start the generator conveniently from a distance, adding to the user-friendly experience.
Check out the many five-star reviews on Amazon, or check it out on eBay.
And while you’re at it, check out the entire list of Duromax Generators right here on our blog, including other 13000-watt generators like the Duromax XP13000HX, the Duromax XP13000EH, the Duromax XP13000X, and the Duromax XP13000DX.
There’s also the Champion Tri Fuel Generator 8000 Watt if you’re sold on the idea of being able to use three different fuels but don’t need so much power.
- Powerful DuroMax Engine: the XP12000EH is powered by a DuroMax, 457cc OHV engine.With Gasoline : Peak Wattage – 12,000., Running Wattage – 9,500., Running Amperage at 120V – 79.17., Running Amperage at 240V – 39.58., Runtime at 25% Load – 19., Runtime at 50% Load – 8With Propane : Peak Wattage – 11,400., Running Wattage – 9,025., Running Amperage at 120V – 75.21., Running Amperage at 240V – 37.6., Runtime at 25% Load – 14., Runtime at 50% Load – 7Please read the detailed safety instructions in the manual before operating.Fuel Delivery System : Carburetor.Engine Speed : 3600 RPM, Volt Meter : Analog, Cast Iron Sleeve : Yes, Engine Cooling Type : Forced Air.
- Dual fuel technology: the ability to run on propane or gasoline allows the freedom and flexibility of fuel choice. Protects your investment by automatically shutting the generator off when it senses that the oil is low
- Plenty of power: with 12,000 starting watts and 9, 500 running watts, This unit can handle heavy loads from lights and a refrigerator to a home air conditioner and high amperage power tools.
- Maximum power: with DuroMax MX2 technology, get the maximum power from each of the 120 volt receptacle. Choose between operating the generator at both 120 V and 240 V Simultaneously, or at 120 only with full power.
- Powering everyone anywhere: like all DuroMax generators, the XP12000EH is EPA and CARB approved For use in all 50 States.
- 2550 Peak Watts and 1800 Rated Watts at Less Than 3% THD – Weighs Only 42.4 Lbs. – Gas Powered – One RV Ready TT-30R Outlet, Two 120V 20 Amp Outlets, and Two USB Outlets
- Great Choice for Home Use as an Emergency Backup in a Power Outage – Strong Enough to Run All Your Home Essentials
- Extremely Quiet, Extremely Fuel Efficient: As Low As 52 dBA Noise Output and Up to 12 Hours of Run Time on a 1.16 Gallon Gas Tank – Features “Economy Mode” for Maximum Fuel Efficiency
- Led Data Center: Rotating Digital Display Shows Fuel Level, Power Output, Remaining Run Time, and Voltage Output
- All Westinghouse Portable Generators are Functionally Tested in the Factory and May Contain Minimum Residual Oil and/or Fuel Odor; EPA and CARB Compliant; Backed By 3-Year Limited Service, Labor, and Parts Coverage and Nationwide Customer Service Network
- 9500 Running Watts and 12500 Peak Watts (Gasoline); 8500 Running Watts, 11200 Peak Watts (Propane); Remote Start With Included Key Fob, Electric and Recoil Start; Up to 12 Hours of Run Time on a 6. 6 Gallon Fuel Tank With Fuel Gauge
- Features Two GFCI 120V 5–20R Standard Household Receptacle, One Transfer Switch Ready 120V L14-30R, and One RV Ready 120/240V 14–50R; All Outlets Have Rubber Covers for Added Safety
- Powered by a Heavy Duty 457cc Westinghouse 4-Stroke OHV Engine Featuring a Long-Lasting Cast Iron Sleeve With Automatic Low Oil Shutdown and Digital Hour Meter. VFT display gives you real time updates with the voltage output, frequency, and lifetime hours
- Plug-and-Play: Comes With a Remote Start Key Fob, 12V Battery Charger, Oil, an Oil Funnel, a Tool Kit, and a User’s Manual to Get You Started Right Out of the Box (Minimal Assembly Required)
- All Westinghouse Portable Generators are Functionally Tested in the Factory and May Contain Minimum Residual Oil and/or Fuel Odor; EPA and CARB Compliant; Backed by 3-Year Limited Service, Labor, and Parts Coverage with Nationwide Customer Service Network
- Switch between gasoline (4750 surge watts, 3800 running watt) and propane (4350 surge, 3500 running) with the simple turn of the selection dial
- Voltage easily goes from 120V to 240V, perfect for transfer switches and emergency backup
- Electric start powers the 224cc 4-stroke OHV engine with the turn of a key
- 4-gallon tank provides up to 11 hours of half load run time
- Includes two 120V GFCI outlets (5-20R), a 120V/240V NEMA 30A twist lock (L14-30R), a 12V DC cigarette-lighter-style plug, a bottle of oil, a wheel and handle kit, a 47-inch LPG connection hose, and a 2-year warranty