The Duromax XP12000EH is the perfect solution for heavy-duty portable ac power needs, whether you’re working at a remote jobsite, enjoying the great outdoors, or responding to emergency situations. Here’s what sets it apart from other portable generators:
- More power – the Duromax XP12000EH features a 457 cc, 23 hp overhead valve engine that provides 12,000 starting watts and 9500 running watts. This means you’ll have more than enough power to run household appliances, home air conditioning units, and electric-hungry power tools.
- Longer running time – the Duromax XP12000EH operates up to eight hours on a full tank of gas. Plus, it’s dual fuel design lets you switch to propane upon demand for extended operating periods.
- Rugged all-metal construction – stands up to wear and tear and even the occasional hard knock. Dependable rubber tires will never go flat.
- MX2 power boost feature – doubles the standard 120 V power output, making the Duromax XP12000EH the perfect choice for large appliances and RVs.
- Simple push-button start – so you can get the unit up and running with minimal effort. Four cycle engine provides quieter and more dependable operation than two cycle designs.
- Lighted instrument panel – so you can operate the generator easily in low-light conditions.
Table of Contents
More Electrical Outlets to Serve Every Need
The Duromax XP12000EH has five separate power outlets, including:
- Two 120 V GFCI outlets.
- One 120 V 30 amp outlet with twist lock connection.
- One 240 V 30 amp outlet.
- One 240 V 50 amp outlet.
The power panel also has 12 V DC outlets to charge external batteries. There’s even a voltmeter to check electric potential.
Quiet, Safe, and Friendly to the Environment
- The Duromax XP12000EH has an idle control system that manages the unit’s RPMs, reducing fuel usage and enabling quieter operation.
- The low oil shutoff feature prevents damage to the engine, protecting your investment.
- Easy access oil plug to facilitate generator maintenance.
- The Duromax XP12000EH is both EPA and CARB approved for use anywhere in the United States. Duromax engineers incorporate multiple anti-emission features into its design, to safeguard the environment that we all share.
Why Propane and Gas
The Duromax company has a single mission: to provide rugged, safe, reliable power anywhere on earth. That’s why the Duromax XP12000EH is designed to run on propane as well as regular gasoline.
Propane is a clean burning, easy to store fuel that works well in a wide range of weather conditions. It has a longer shelf life than gasoline and is less expensive as well.
Plus, 80 to 90% of the propane used in the US is harvested from domestic sources, helping to reduce our trade deficit. That’s what makes propane the all-American choice for hard-working, hard playing individuals across the country.
See our “propane vs gas generator” post to find out about the pros and cons of each fuel.
- Dimensions: 29 x 30 x 26
- Weight: 224 lbs.
- Engine Speed: 3600 RPM
- Engine Size: 457 cm³
Fuel Capacity: 8.3 gallons gasoline
- Average Runtime (Gasoline): eight hours at 50% load
- Average Runtime (Propane): seven hours at 50% load
- Volume Level: 72 dB
Final Thoughts on the Duromax XP12000EH
In short, the Duromax XP12000EH is the versatile solution you need for all your off-grid power generation needs. See for yourself by checking out the thousands of five star reviews on Amazon! Or look for it on ebay.