Yes, a solar generator can run a refrigerator. However, there are a few essential things to remember when choosing a solar generator to power your refrigerator.
How Many Watts Does My Refrigerator Use?
You’ll need to consider how many watts your refrigerator uses while running.
To determine how many watts your refrigerator uses, look for the sticker inside your fridge and locate the numbers listed for volts (v) and amps (a).
Multiply those numbers together to determine how many watts your refrigerator uses.
For example, the sticker inside the door of our new Energy Star certified full-size refrigerator lists 120v (120 volts) and 3.5 A (3.5 amps). Multiplying 120 times 3.5 equals 420 watts… our refrigerator needs a solar generator with at least 420 watts to run.
How Many Small Appliances Can I Run With A Solar Generator?
You’ll need to consider how many additional small appliances you’d like to use with your solar generator while your refrigerator runs. Some devices, like medium-sized LED televisions, use less than 100 watts, while other appliances, like toaster ovens, require 1,800 – 2000 watts.
So, if you plan on just using your LED tv and the refrigerator simultaneously, you can probably get away with using a 1,000-watt solar generator.
However, if you’d like to use your toaster oven and refrigerator simultaneously, you should consider looking for a 2500-watt to 3,000-watt solar generator.
How long will a solar generator power a refrigerator?
You’ll need to consider how long you think you’ll need the solar generator to power the refrigerator. Running a fridge on backup power for a couple of hours during a temporary power outage is one thing. However, running a fridge on a solar generator for several days after a hurricane or a major snowstorm is another thing altogether.
Larger solar generators can power a full-size Energy Star certified refrigerator for up to 36 -48 hours. A solar backup generator can run for an entire week on a single charge if the storage battery is large enough.
Summing It Up
Can a solar generator run a refrigerator? The answer is yes. Just be sure to buy one with enough wattage and several battery-powered outlets to run your refrigerator, plus any other small appliances you plan on using simultaneously. And be sure to look for one that will provide backup power for as long as you would typically expect a power outage to last.
Learn More About Solar Generators
- Clean and Unlimited Solar Energy: 100% green energy with smart MPPT controller for optimal charging efficiency. The power station can be fully charged with 2 Jackery SolarSaga 100W solar panels within 8 hrs(0-100%) or only 5.5 hrs (0-80%) via AC wall outlet charging. Ideal for your camping or home backup.
- Easy to Use: The ergonomic shape of the handle grants an ease grip. And use in one touch with simple and speedy setup within 60s to enjoy outstanding charging efficiency.
- Safe & Reliable for Outdoor Camping: Features industry-leading cylindrical batteries (popular with manufacturers of Electric Vehicles) that meet UL safety standards. Certified with Impact-Resistance Class 9, passing the UL drop test (withstanding 3 drops from 0.9m height on any surface). The pure sine wave inverter delivers constant voltage that protects equipment from damage.
- Power Pretty Much Anything: Power 90% home appliances with 1002Wh (1000W AC output power) and 8 outlets (3*AC outlet, 1*USB-A , 1*USB-A quick charge 3.0, 2*USB-C PD, 1*Car outlet).
- Quiet & Strong: At a such large capacity, this Explorer will make virtually no noise, giving you the peace and power all at once. Extra bonus for the built – unlike most other portable generators, this supports pass-through charging while its battery life is protected.
- 【288Wh Capacity, 330W Output】330W (600W surge) pure sine wave supports most laptops, tablets, phones, lights, fans, CPAP medical devices, projectors, TV, mini-refrigerator, speaker, camera (rated power less than 330W). 288Wh huge capacity but light weight makes it compact and perfect for camping, car trips and other family outings.
- 【Upgraded Battery Management System】We promise to adopt quality lithium batteries since we found that the use of lower-quality batteries could pose a serious risk to life and should become a crucial part of deciding what to buy. Upgraded BMS provides built-in overload, overcharge (automatically stops charging when the device is full), and short-circuit protection. Dual built-in silent cooling fans help to keep the station’s temperature safe.
- 【USB-C PD 60W, USB-A QC 18W】PD60W fast charging makes it possible to charge Android and iPhone, tablets, and laptops quickly, more than twice as fast as other standard USB-C output, and ultra-high efficiency in emergencies. All USB-A ports are quick-charge 3.0 18W, providing higher efficiency for each device.
- 【Power 8 Device simultaneously】Equipped with 1*AC output, 1*USB-C PD 60W output, 3*USB-A QC3.0 18W outputs, 1*Car port, 2*DC outputs, GRECELL solar generator can power eight devices at the same time (as long as they draw less than 330W combined). Each switch can control each output module.
- 【3 Ways To Recharge, Built-in MPPT Controller】GRECELL power station, can be charged via an AC outlet, a solar panel, or a car outlet. Built-in MPPT (Maximum Power Point Tracking Control) so it can extract the maximum power from the solar panel, optimizing the utilization of variable power sources like a solar generator.
- Made for the Outdoor. Replace your outdoor generator with a solar generator. Includes a 220W Bifacial solar panel to capture up to 25% more energy. Charge your DELTA 2 even faster with green energy.
- Built to Last 6x Longer. Its LFP battery chemistry makes for a portable power station with a 3000+ cycle life. Enough for years on end of use. With a sophisticated BMS, you can go easy knowing its an auto-regulating portable battery to keep you safe.
- Power Almost Anything. Solar powered generator have come a long way. Power all your appliances with 1800W output, that’s on par with outdoor generators without the fumes or noise. With 15 outlets and its huge output, you can power 90% of your appliances.
- Expandable Capacity from 1-3kWh. With the standalone portable power station sporting 1kWh, you can add on extra batteries to reach up to 3kWh. Ideal for camping, RVs or home backup power.
- What you Get. DELTA 2 Power station, 220W Solar panel, Adjustable kickstand case, AC charging cable, Car charging cable, Solar charging cable, DC5521 to DC5525 cable, User manual, and an exclusive 5 year warranty.
- 🔋[POWERFUL & DURABLE]: With 1,036Wh(288,000mAh) big capacity and 3 110V PURE SINE WAVE 1000W AC outlets, the portable power station can charge your device stably, such as CPAP machine, refrigerator, laptop, TV, fan, lights, etc. 3 12V regulated DC, 1 Type-C PD 100W, 1 Type-C, 2 USB-A, 2 wireless charging can charge your phones, drones, iPad, camera, etc. Versatile output ports meet the wide needs of home and outdoor activities.
- 🔋[FLEXIBLE CHARGING CHOICE]: The portable generator can be charged through the 100W USB-C PD(Power Delivery) and the 180W AC outlet simultaneously. You can also recharge it via solar panels when on an RV camping and road trip. PASS-THROUGH CHARGING is supported. Ideal power solution for emergency backup.
- 🔋[PORTABLE & EFFICIENT]: Armed with a foldable handle & 2 LED PANEL LIGHTS, easy to use, carry, and store in an RV/home, and it’s great for campsites, caves, roadside emergencies. The integrated MPPT charge controller helps achieve optimal charging efficiency and easily stores limitless green solar energy.
- 🔋[SAFE & PROFESSIONAL]: With 11 years of experience in green power solutions areas, we’ve reached 90,000+ people around the world with energy storage systems. The reliable Battery Management System provides multi-protection to keep the unit safe. Qualified quality and design by CE, FCC, UN38.3, MSDS.
- 🔋[WHAT YOU GET]: 1* AlphaESS 1036Wh Portable Power Station, 1* AC Adapter, 1* Car Charger Cable, 1* USB-C Cable, 1* User Guide and AlphaESS offers 24 months warranty and lifelong technical support.