The DuroMax XP4850EH is a great choice for those who want a portable yet powerful generator that runs on either gasoline or propane. Smaller and lighter than the other Duromax Generators dual fuel generator models, it provides maximum value with a minimum carbon footprint.
Table of Contents
The Duromax XP4850EH offers the following advantages:
- Plenty of portable ac power – the Duromax XP4850EH generates 4850 starting watts and 3850 running watts. That’s enough electricity to run a small to mid-sized residential air conditioner, a refrigerator, multiple power tools, and an extensive home lighting system.
- A 210 cc overhead valve engine – for reliable use day after day and year after year. Includes a low-oil shutoff switch to protect the generator from costly mechanical damage.
- Three power outlets – including two 120 V outlets and a single 120/240 V outlet. The user can operate the generator at the 120 V and 240 V settings simultaneously if desired. The generator also comes with built-in 12 V battery charging ports for your mobile devices.
- Long-lasting all metal construction with no-flat tires – gives the Duromax XP4850EH the rugged reliability to keep going in all types of environments, including extreme weather conditions (see our article “can a generator get wet“).
- Well-lit instrument display – making it easy to start and operate the Duromax XP4850EH in low-light surroundings.
- Quiet 69 dB operation – to spare both your ears and the environment from unwanted noise.
- Propane attachment hose included – uses standard 20 gallon propane tank in portable applications, but any size will work.
- A grounding terminal (check out our article “how to ground a generator“).
The Duromax XP4850EH meets both EPA and CARB guidelines, making it the eco-friendly choice for all 50 states.
Why Dual Fuel Is Better
Versatility is everything when it comes to a portable power generator. A model that operates on gasoline alone puts the user at risk of unexpected problems, especially when gas is hard to find or unusually expensive.
That’s why the Duromax XP4850EH can run on either gasoline or propane. Either way, you get the same high-performance results hour after hour of operation.
Propane offers many advantages over gasoline. It’s cheaper, burns cleaner, and is kept in pressurized tanks instead of leak-prone cans. Plus, 80 to 90% of the propane used in the United States comes from domestic sources. This means that using propane is a great way to help reduce our dependence on imports.
Check out our “propane vs gas generator” article for a more complete comparison of the two fuels.
- Dimensions: 24 x 17 x 17
- Weight: 121 pounds
- Engine Speed: 3600 RPM
- Engine Size: 210 cc Fuel Capacity (gasoline): 4 gallons
- Average Runtime (Gasoline): eight hours at 50% load
- Volume Level: 69 dB
Conclusion (DuroMax XP4850EH)
It comes down to this: the Duromax XP4850EH is a reliable all-around performer that you can count on to get the job done. See for yourself by checking out the thousands of five star reviews on Amazon! Also, look for it on eBay. And check out the Duromax XP4850HX while you’re at it , which is also a duel fuel model. There’s also the gasoline only Duromax XP4400E model.