Looking for a powerful and reliable generator with portable ac power when you need it? The Duromax XP13000HX 13,000-watt portable generator should be on your shortlist. This generator is perfect for home use or when you need backup power. It features 13,000-watt maximum output, which is more than enough to power your entire house during an outage.
The Duromax XP13000HX 13,000-watt generator with electric start also features an automatic idle control system, so you can rest assured that it will run efficiently and save you money on fuel costs. Plus, it comes with a 3-year warranty!
- Dual Fuel Gas Propane operation
- Push-button electric start
- Front-facing fuel interface lets you switch between fuels in seconds
- 120V and 240V output
- Wide range of outlets on the fully loaded power panel:
- Four 120V GFCI household outlets
- One 120V 30AMP outlet
- One 120/240V 30AMP twist-lock outlet
- Heavy-duty 120/240V 50 AMP outlet for a transfer-switch-ready connection
- Automatic Low Oil Shutdown
- CO Sensor Shutdown with Duromax CO alert technology
- Digital Multimeter displays Voltage, Hertz, and hours run
- Easy access grounding terminal.
- Dual fuel technology, choose between gasoline or propane
Dual Fuel Gas Propane
A dual fuel generator is an excellent investment for anyone who wants to be prepared for a power outage or other emergency. This portable generator runs on gasoline or propane, allowing you to use whichever fuel is more readily available.
Propane has several critical advantages over gasoline. First and foremost, propane is a much cleaner fuel source than gasoline. Because it contains fewer impurities and produces fewer byproducts during combustion, propane significantly reduces toxic emissions. This makes it much safer for the environment overall.
In addition, propane generators are less prone to the issues caused by cold weather that can impact the performance of gasoline units. And propane has an indefinite shelf-life, unlike gasoline, which requires special additives for storage and even then doesn’t keep for more than a year or two. This means that long-term fuel storage is much easier with propane.
Dual fuel propane generators are an excellent choice for anyone who wants the peace of mind that comes with knowing they have a more versatile backup power source.
- 8.5 hour runtime at 50% Load (gasoline)
- 6.5 hour runtime at 50% Load (propane)
- 500cc engine
- Forced air cooling
- Overhead Valves
- Cast Iron Sleeve
- Stainless Steel Ball Bearings
- Peak Wattage: 13,000 watts gasoline / 12,350 watts propane
- Running Wattage: 10,500 watts gasoline / 9,975 watts propane
- Weight: 246 lbs
- Volume (DB): 74 dB
- EPA Certified
- CARB Certified
Final Thoughts On The Duromax XP13000HX
Duromax generators are built and designed for long life and easy maintenance by one of the leading generator manufacturers, so you can be confident you’ll be covered in an emergency. Whether you need backup power for your home or a portable power solution for your business, the Duromax dual fuel gas propane XP13000HX 13,000-watt powerhouse has you covered.
You may also be interested in the Duromax XP13000DX, the Duromax XP13000EH, and my post Duromax xp13000EH vs. xp13000HX, where I compare the two models. And then there’s the ultra-flexible Duromax XP13000HXT-Tri-Fuel-Generator.
- All-new Control Center: The generator features an upgraded control center with a digital multimeter, push-button start, and a front-facing fuel interface for easy fuel type changes. The digital multimeter displays essential information such as voltage, frequency, total hours run, and hours until the recommended maintenance.
- Flexible Fuel Options: This generator runs on both gasoline and propane, providing you with the freedom and flexibility to choose your preferred fuel type based on your needs and availability.
- DuroMax CO Alert Technology: Ensuring safety, the generator is equipped with DuroMax “CO Alert Technology,” which automatically shuts down the unit if an unsafe level of carbon monoxide is detected, protecting you and your loved ones.
- Built to Last: Featuring a powerful 500cc OHV DuroMax engine and designed with ALL COPPER WINDINGS, this generator is built for durability, promising years of reliable performance.
- Fully Loaded Power Panel: The generator’s power panel is fully equipped with four 120V GFCI household outlets, one 120V 30AMP outlet, one 120/240V 30AMP twist-lock outlet, and a heavy-duty 120/240V 50AMP outlet, making it transfer switch ready for seamless power transfer during outages.