Looking for a powerful and reliable generator portable ac power when you need it? The Duromax XP13000HX 13,000 watt portable generator should be on your shortlist. This generator is perfect for home use or when you need backup power. It features 13,000 watt maximum output, which is more than enough to power your entire house during an outage.
The Duromax XP13000HX 13,000 watt generator with electric start also features an automatic idle control system, so you can rest assured that it will run efficiently and save you money on fuel costs. Plus, it comes with a 3-year warranty!
Table of Contents
- Dual Fuel Gas Propane operation
- Push-button electric start
- Front-facing fuel interface lets you switch between fuels in seconds
- 120V and 240V output
- Wide range of outlets on the fully loaded power panel:
- Four 120V GFCI household outlets
- One 120V 30AMP outlet
- One 120/240V 30AMP twist-lock outlet
- Heavy-duty 120/240V 50AMP outlet for a transfer switch ready connection
- Automatic Low Oil Shutdown
- CO Sensor Shutdown with Duromax CO alert technology
- Digital Multimeter displays Voltage, Hertz, and hours run
- Easy access grounding terminal (see our article “how to ground a generator“).
- Dual fuel technology, choose between gasoline or propane
Dual Fuel Gas Propane
A dual fuel generator is a great investment for anyone who wants to be prepared for a power outage or other emergency. This portable generator runs on either gasoline or propane, giving you the flexibility to use whichever fuel is more readily available.
Propane has several key advantages over gasoline. First and foremost, propane is a much cleaner fuel source than gasoline. Because it contains fewer impurities and produces fewer byproducts during combustion, propane significantly reduces toxic emissions. This makes it much safer for the environment overall.
In addition, propane generators are less prone to the issues caused by cold weather that can impact the performance of gasoline units. And propane has an indefinite shelf-life, unlike gasoline, which requires special additives for storage and even then doesn’t keep for more than a year or two. This means that long term fuel storage is much easier with propane.
Dual fuel propane generators are a great choice for anyone who wants the peace of mind that comes with knowing they have a more versatile backup power source.
- 8.5 hour runtime at 50% Load (gasoline)
- 6.5 hour runtime at 50% Load (propane)
- 500cc engine
- Forced air cooling
- Overhead Valves
- Cast Iron Sleeve
- Stainless Steel Ball Bearings
- Peak Wattage: 13,000 watts gasoline / 12,350 watts propane
- Running Wattage: 10,500 watts gasoline / 9,975 watts propane
- Weight: 246 lbs
- Volume (db): 74 dB
- EPA Certified
- CARB Certified
Final Thoughts On The Duromax XP13000HX
Duromax generators are built and designed for long life and easy maintenance by one of the leading generator manufacturers, so you can be confident you’ll be covered in an emergency. Whether you need backup power for your home or a portable power solution for your business, the Duromax dual fuel gas propane XP13000HX 13,000 watt powerhouse has you covered.
You may also be interested in the Duromax XP13000DX, the Duromax XP13000EH, and my post Duromax xp13000EH vs xp13000HX, where I compare the two models. And then there’s the ultra-flexible Duromax XP13000HXT-Tri-Fuel-Generator.