Duromax XP10000HX Dual Fuel Portable Generator
The Duromax XP10000HX dual fuel 10000-watt portable generator is a versatile backup power solution for your home or office during an emergency or as a primary power source for your RV or work site. You’ll always have power with its dual fuel capability: you can run it on gasoline or propane, whichever is available.
The XP10000HX Dual Fuel generator produces 10,000 watts, enough to power your central air conditioner and various appliances. It has CO Alert to protect you and your family from dangerous gases. And its three-year warranty means you can expect it to work when needed.
- Push button electric start
- 120V and 240V output
- Wide range of outlets
- Four 120V GFCI household outlets
- One 120V 30AMP twist-lock outlet
- One 120/240V 30AMP twist-lock outlet
- Heavy-duty 120/240V 50AMP outlet for transfer switch connection
- LCD display Digital Control Center
- hours run
- voltage output
- load level
- Automatic Low Oil Shutdown
- CO Sensor Shutdown
- Easy access grounding terminal.
Dual Fuel Capability
A propane-fueled gasoline generator is an excellent investment for anybody looking to be prepared in case of a power outage or other catastrophe. You may use this portable generator with either gasoline or propane, allowing you to select whichever one you have on hand.
Propane is a much cleaner fuel than gasoline because of its lower emissions and fewer impurities. Because it has fewer contaminants and by-products when combusted, propane combustion generates a lower volume of harmful pollutants. As a result, it has a considerably lower environmental impact than gasoline.
In addition, propane generators are less prone to the issues caused by cold weather that can impact the performance of gasoline units. And propane has an indefinite shelf-life, unlike gasoline, which requires special additives for storage and even then doesn’t keep for more than a year or two. This means that long-term fuel storage is much easier with propane.
Dual-fuel propane generators are an excellent choice for anyone who wants the peace of mind that comes with knowing they have a more versatile backup power source.
See our article about propane vs. gas generators to learn more about the pros and cons.
- 10-hour runtime at 50% Load (gasoline)
- 9-hour runtime at 50% Load (propane)
- 439cc engine
- Forced air cooling
- Overhead Valves
- Cast Iron Sleeve
- Stainless Steel Ball Bearings
- Peak Wattage: 10,000 watts gasoline/ 9,500 watts propane
- Running Wattage: 8,000 watts gasoline/7,600 watts propane
- Weight: 228 lbs
- Volume (DB): 72 dB
- EPA Certified
- CARB Certified
Conclusion (Duromax XP10000HX)
Duromax generators are designed and made by one of the world’s largest generator manufacturers, so you can be confident that you’re buying a quality product that will be durable and reliable.
The Duromax XP10000HX will be ready to go when you need it. With two fuel options, you can burn gasoline or propane – whichever you have on hand or are best able to get. Its electric start makes it simple to get up and running when the electricity goes out.
- Advanced Control Center: The generator features an all-new control center with a digital multimeter, push-button start, and a front-facing fuel interface, providing the convenience of changing fuel type in seconds. The digital multimeter displays voltage, frequency, total hours run, and hours until the recommended maintenance.
- Flexible Fuel Options: This versatile generator runs on both gasoline and propane, giving you the freedom to choose the fuel type that best suits your needs.
- Enhanced Safety: Equipped with DuroMax “CO Alert Technology,” the generator automatically shuts down if it detects an unsafe level of carbon monoxide, ensuring the safety of you and your family.
- Robust and Durable: The generator is built with a powerful 439cc OHV DuroMax engine and features ALL COPPER WINDINGS, ensuring years of reliable performance and longevity.
- Loaded Power Panel: The fully equipped power panel includes four 120V GFCI household outlets, one 120V 30AMP outlet, one 120/240V 30AMP twist-lock outlet, and a heavy-duty 120/240V 50AMP outlet, making it transfer switch ready for various applications.